The Post Script

Thursday, August 6, 2009

First Show, first day, First Long ass drive

Hey Guys,



So the trip has begun! It started well, Matt has already cut his finger, Brian somehow managed to cut himself getting out of the Van, and Alec, a good friend of mine who has come along to give us another helping hand on the trip, has a toe that is snapped in half, while andy, Abe, and myself are still unharmed. . .(knocks on wood)! Things are already looking up for us Post Script boys on this little tour of ours and we can only hope that they continue to get better and better as the days and miles continue to fall behind us.



The trip down here was really uneventful, save my phones mysterious disappearance, reappearance, and a couple really intense games of Catch Phrase, which Andy and Abe are apparently masters of, and seem to think the game should be an Olympic event. Ha! But, I was keeping score so. . .my team won! :-) (Don't ask the other guys they might not agree)



We ended up getting into the hotel at almost 7 o'clock yesterday, August 5th, and after 16 hours of driving and only having sandwiches to eat, Minus having gotten subway all the way back up in Indiana, the free (FREE) breakfast they had available here was AMAZING! Abe just kind of made a sandwich and passed out, (Pansie ha!), but the rest of us took advantage of the waffle irons and muffins and stuffed ourselves with Belgian waffles and other healthy snacks! haha! It was amazing needless to say. Then I freaking passed out because, unfortunately, I too am a Pansy. . .:(



We met a very interesting Maintenance guy at our hotel. He told us that most people in Gainesville have AIDS. . .no sex for us in Gainesville. . .:( He also drove Brian and Matt to get Beers, and told us about Nude Beaches on the East coast of Florida, and when Matt locked the key to our room in our room, he let us back in. Does anyone know if there really are squirrels the size of house cats in Florida? that seems pretty cuhrazy to me/ I didn't see any, but I have only been in Gainesville so far.



Anyway, We got a DVD recording of our first show last night too! Which was really fun dispite the extremely small crowd and the fact that we were VERY much out of our element. I felt like I was back in my old Death Metal Days with the bands we were playing with. I liked them! HA! The guys at The Back Stage Lounge were really cool, as well as the guys in the other bands! Juat because you are in a Metal band doesn't mean you're a jerk you know!? Thanks for the fun times guys! We hope to see our new friends from FEFF in New York when we make our way over there!



Anyway, I will be writing more in the days to come, so stay tuned guys! I will RETURN!! Hope you enjoy reading!



~Peace, Love, and Good Vibrations~





Blain

No comments:

Post a Comment